Changing World Gen
So say you have made a mistake, and started a multiplayer server world without changing the level-type variable in server properties to read "=RWG". but Oh boy are you in for a ride.
This is a simple step by step that assumes a bit of technical skill on the part of the user.
Setup and Assumptions: NBTExplorer installed on your PC
A Copy of Singleplayer Gregtech New Horizons on the machine
A Server Instance of Gregtech New Horizons that has been borked by not reading the manual.
The manual by the way is located here: http://www.gtnewhorizons.com/wiki/m/41469370/page/Server_Setup
Why All This Is Necessary:
Have you noticed you are missing deserts, Seem to only find forests and extreme hills, and that you have vast swaths of land that are Tainted or Magic Forest. Perhaps this is a problem for some, enterprising seeker of Quicksand, or Bamboo to round out their tier 0 quests...
This is the fault of not inputting the level-type variable and just using the vanilla level generator. So I'll be taking the person who made this mistake step by step through how to fix the problem starting from noticing it was a problem.
Guide in Proper: 0. Read all the instructions before proceeding.
1. Pack all your stuff in an ME storage cells with a creative/neutronium AE energy cell to power 4 ME chests on either side of it. This is for quick packing and unpacking. Once done, pick up the cells. If you have a coop partner, have them help you scoop things into those chests.
1.5 Use creative mode to avoid dying from here on out.
2. Jump to the nether. This is important as it prevents you from being gibbed on spawning in or being trapped under 100 layers of rock. Depending on biome formation. Nether portal is the easiest portal and in
3. log off and stop the server.
4. Back up so that if anything goes wrong you can start over from where you are. Some people would make a backup before packing everything up, but that is somewhat superfluous.
0.5 Make a backup before you pack everything away.
5. Start a single player game using Realistic World Gen. Let it load in. Quit out of it, to the menu.
6. In NBTExplorer(Google around to find it, it's a fairly fun program that opens and explores minecrafts file structure. And is useful to an insane degree for doing things like fixing broken chunks, fixing corrupted objects.)
6.1 open your servers level.dat.
6.15 Open your singleplayer worlds level.dat after quitting out of it if you haven't already.
6.2 copy the world gen information from the RWG world's level.dat from single player into the multiplayer level.dat.
6.25 These are generatorName(Caps senstitive), generatorOptions, and generator version.
6.3optional You could also change the RandomSeed, but if it was random in the first place it should still be fine.
7. In Server.properties make the changes suggested in the GT:NH independent server guide(Link is above) on the main GT:NH wiki.
8. Delete ~/world/region where ~ is the path to where your server is stored.
9. Restart your server and pray that you've done all this correctly.
10. If you have done this correctly fly through your nether portal, and the /cofh tpx 0 x y z to a coordinate fairly high in the world.
11. Find a good spawn location, and type /setworldspawn I generally prefer on mountain tops because the views are fantastic.